Re: [microsound] Who is Ted Sulkowicz?

> >Re. your query regarding the identity of the mysterious Ted Sulkowicz. I
> >thought I could hear traces of Pimmon in there - that distinctive digital
> >surface noise underpinned with those addictive rhythms...
>
> well the only Ted S. I know played rugby league in Australia..but given
he'd
> be in his 50's I be surprised if he was the culprit...

No but doing a little web search on the subject brings up some interesting
results:

Ted Sulkowicz played for the Parramatta Eels between 1974-1978. In 1977 the
Parramatta Eels made the grand final of the League Premiership. Sulkowicz
scored the only try in that final (which was drawn, and replayed later with
the Eels losing)

A member of that 1977 team who also went on to play for Australia at a
representative level was a fellow called John Kolc.

In 1981, Parramatta made another League Grand Final. This time up against
the Newtown Jets. A 20-year old Brett Kenny scored a stunning try in the
final minute of the game, securing the premiership trophy for Parramatta.
Kenny was given the nickname "Kid Newtown" following the victory.

Visit the Fallt site, and this information should make sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if our culprit hails from Parramatta, Sydney.

now I should really do some work... ;-)