Re: [microsound] stockhausen verlag

Dale Lloyd wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:57:39 -0400 andrei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > The thing that sucks about ordering from Stockhausen-Verlag is that they don't
> take
> > credit cards and charge a $10 processing fee for checks. And I think they could
> be
> > charging less for CDs since there's no distributor mark-up involved or anything.
>
> Well at least you know the moolah is going straight to him and to cover
> expenses. In the future, perhaps we'll be wishing we should have ordered
> cd's directly from a legendary figure such as him., while he was still
> "alive" (uh, not to be morbid or anything).

Well sure, but look at someone like John Zorn (not to point him out as a good example
of much else :-)) who runs his own label (Tzadik), puts out CDs with very nice
packaging, is using distributors and still charges rather low prices. The whole
Stockhausen-Verlag set-up seems very greedy and inefficient to me. He's basically
making the majority of his music inaccessible to a quite lot of people.

And do banks in Europe really charge $10 to process checks from foreign countries ?

Andrei