Re: [microsound] stockhausen verlag

-----
> I will admit that I groaned, perhaps inaudibly in one of those cartoon
> bubbles above the head, when I carried my Stockhausen Verlag edition of
> "Kurzwellen" up to the Amoeba counter in Berkeley and watched US$37 (or
> thereabouts) flash across the register display, but then again if anyone
> deserves the money - given his assistance in the construction of the
> musical world in which we all now dwell - it is Karlheinz himself.  Yes,
> the Verlag editions - at least in their pricing - may be an instance of
> what I call "punishing one's fans,"

Well you're not supposed to be a fan if you were pained by forking over
$37US.  Do you really think Karlheinz is an a-hole?  I prefer to believe
that he is really only looking to rip off people from the 'art world' who
don't flinch at shelling out for bad art.  If he priced his stuff
reasonably, those people would not be interested and would not put him on
the High Art pedestal he apparently likes to be perched upon.