Re: [microsound] the women of microsound

i was actually thinking about that the other day (the comparitive rarity of female artists in the genre. as well as in much of electronic music)

it seems odd since one of the major people in the beginning of electronic music (its industrial roots) was/is cosey fanni tutti.

.... how 'bout Wendy Carlos... er... never mind...

as far as "microsound" goes
vicki panalle of london duo IMMEDIA and miki yui of cologne, two artists with releases on LINE
and sachiko M of japan, I8U2 of montreal (i think i got the name wrong)

others?

Blectum from Blechdom, Neotropic, Maryanne Amacher, Hildegard Westerkamp...

any thoughts...

It always surprises me that more women aren't into e-music, especially via laptop/pc avenues and art school conceptualizing. I guess it's more of a techno-geek thing, and that's still a largely male domain... though by no means are all of the e-musicians/composers I know obsessed with soft/hardware, so who knows. Perhaps they're just tired of being hit on at every event!? Just an idea...

Michael = http:www.foundrysite.com/eM