Re: [microsound] The women of microsound

Quoting dave palmer <palmderski1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> no matter how you slice it up it's still music and whether or not a man
> or a
> woman makes it is mostly superfluous. i'm sure there might be some
> slight
> differences overall but not enough to matter.

true!

> the important thing to
> note
> here is that there are not enough women involved in music period.
> simply
> judging by the amount of names posted so far it seems microsound has at
> least around the same % of women involved as any other genre of music.
> any
> form of music that does not involve a sex symbol/vocalist role
> generally
> will have fewer women involved. this is mainly due to social
> programming
> from which we seem unable to escape as yet. this is the fault of both
> men
> and women and will hopefully become further unraveled as time slips on.
> dave palmer

As last arrival to the list it is not up to me to speak of the differences
between a male and a femal brain. But there are differences, like psychology
explains us. So the weak presence of female artists in music is in my opinion
not due to social programming but due to simple genetic diversity. Don't
misunderstand me, i don't want to start a anti-feminism-campaign (i'm glad too
that there are female artists). Nevertheless it is not a question of equal
rights, but of mutual complement. Women have just a better feeling for the
beautiful, for the esthetics, men have an little more marked sense for
"creating". Now, try to combine both: this gives an explosive compound. Would it
not be interesting to focus on how many famous/known pairs are to find in arts
and especially in music?

ALIEN CUBE

www.alienator.f2s.com

Everyone should have http://www.freedom2surf.net/