Re: [microsound] Kyma users?

Kerry Uchida wrote:

> Are there any Kyma users out there in the land of [microsound]
> I've been drooling over this system for a while.
> Advice?  How does it integrate into your set up...etc.

In short: it´s an incredible system. It´s the most flexible DSP
system/software I´ve ever worked with, and it far surpasses something
like Reator in terms of sheer "modulationess". Just about everything can
be routed to anything else, and the system contains almost every
synthesis method known to man.

It´s drawbacks are as follows: it´s expensive, and expansion cards are
expensive. But you get quite a lot of DSP power from each card, so maybe
that´s the way it has to be. Another drawback is the fact that the GUI
still hasn´t been converted to PowerPC code, which means it´s
quite-to-very slow when running other programs like Cubase VST or Max at
the same time. SSC is working on a PowerPC version, but I think there are
only two people doing the code (Kurt & Carla) so things tend to take some
time.

The ultimate DSP machine would be everything from Max and everything from
Kyma. An incredibly flexible system, I should think.

/Øivind/