Re: [microsound] online mp3 hosting / mp3.com

> Its been stated in various articles and interviews that mp3.com use an
> automatic software based check of all files uploaded, to make sure they
are not
> blank etc. Clearly they cannot manually check every file uploaded. So some
> extreme types of music do not pass the tests which by their very nature
have to
> be "aggressive". Mp3.com is not a god given right, it is a fantastic FREE
> service for a wide but mainstream audience.

Hey you're the one who asked for a reason.  The fact that its a great idea
is reason enough for me.  The only possible reason you'd be be determined to
discourage me from executing my plan is if you maintain a page on mp3.com,
and if thats the case then you also have no 'god given right' to that
service either, which entitles me to shut it down at my whim!

> Dont just be reactive for the sake of it, start your own site and get over
it.

I don't need a lecture, I need fellow revolutionaries!   'FREE' is a
debatable term and even if it is FREE that doesnt make it GOOD or even
TOLERABLE.