Re: [microsound] A plea for signal

>i am quite shocked that this list is being policed like this, and
>personally find it offensive when less then a month ago there were some
>really, and i mean REALLY off topic posts made by persons unmentioned,
>and there was less of an out cry from list members then than there is
>now.

This is quite unfair to say. Too many times, lists and newsgroups go from
a place of topicality to a place where people who are interested in the
topic talk about whatever it is they feel like talking about. On top of
that there is the undeniable fact that gear nerds like to talk. A lot.
Responding in kind to charges of "policing", we should also watch out for
the tyranny of blabbermouths/fingers (invariably with 15-line .sigs,
quoting all previous replies in their one-line comment, in HTML ;).

-eric

onnow: Bund Deutscher Programmierer : Stoffwechsel (Rather Interesting)