Re: [microsound] hey ya'll...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Lindgren" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "mcnair" <mcnair@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 1:41 PM
Subject: Re: [microsound] hey ya'll...

> Hi Jonas. I recently bought a copy of Bugling from Jorge and I like it very
> much. I emailed Jorge when I heard the scratching noise on the first track,
> thinking I had a faulty copy. He assured me it was meant to be there. I

well, that depends on what kind of scratching noise...!? is it there throughtout the song, or is it really loud and 'static'!? 'cause sa you know, a lot of what i do is cracks and pops, but one of my copies had some error on the first track...a loud sinewave or something

> it is some sort of rebellion against aesthetics? I mean the photocopied
> piece of paper along with the cd stuffed in a plastic bag? All it seemed to

hm...yeah, it's very low-budget. a friend of mine had spent quite some time doing the original layout and all, and when eco told me it was going to be b/w i mostly felt bad for him. but the thing is, jorge is an excellent promoter, and imho i owe him a lot... if they asked me to release anything there again, i probably would!

> the music justice imo. Lovely cd. What else have you done in a similar vein?
> jamie

nothing out right now... i've got a cd with odd tracks called 'minimalistic soulrebel ep', which i send to interested labels or people who want to trade or something... i've got a couple of small releases coming up though.

thanks for the nice welcome btw :)

// jonas