Re: [microsound] multi track virtuel player

Nancy TOBIN wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am looking for a multi track player.  With this tool, I am hoping to be
> able to mix(live) a very tight tempo musical theater show.
>
> The aim is to mix  ±32 tracks all rythmically locked together.  Depending on
> the timing of the actor, certain tracks will be faded in, out or muted at
> slightly different times every night.
>
> Any suggestions of software would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Nancy,

Would you not be better of with some hardware?  In this case 4 sync adat or
da88 would do the job, with a lot less chance of dying during the show!   But
then if you want to run the show on computer, i suggest Digital Performer
(mac).  I've been using it for more then a years and it's pretty stable and
convevial.  But then, you'll need four 2408mk2 (motu audio interface) to have
32 analog outputs.  OR  two 2404mk2 and one O2R board with adats cards install
and a pretty good harddrive.  Their's 24 digitals light pipe outputs per 2408
mk2 and 8 analog outs http://motu.com/english/motuaudio/2408/body.html.   I
guess if you could at least reduce to 24 live mixing tracks you'll be greatly
optimizing your chance of having less problem.

And another way of doing this is to mix inside Digital Performer with 2 Peavey
pc 1600 http://www.peavey.com/mi/pc_1600x.html or other fader midi
controllers.  I use this option alot for live gigs and it works good.  You
could then mix everything in there and with  one mk2 2408 you could still have
8 analog outs to send to a normal board, if you really miss that channel strip
;-).

good luck.

--

http://www.electrocd.com/mus/dufort_lo_e.html