Re: [microsound] Performing "Live"

> Well actually, somebody told me just recently that people who stick

RE:

> their
> tongue out the side of their mouth between their teeth, furrow their
> brow,
> etc, while working on something difficult tend to be more creative.
> I dont
> know the source for the study, but maybe people who scrunch up their
> faces
> while working really are more creative.  They certainly must be more
> enthused.  Yes, one can sit expressionless and proclaim 'I am
> enthused', but
> that doesn't mean I have to believe it.  By the same token, a lame
> guitarist
> can make exaggerated faces on purpose and we can all recognize him
> as being
> a fool.  The proof is always in the results.  And unless you're Devo
> or
> Kraftwerk (ie its part of your 'robot' shtick), I don't see a point
> in being
> expressionless anyway, but certainly people can do whatever they
> want
> without requiring my approval!

ive seem shows where the performer on the computer
gets really into it, like smiling and grinning at the screen,
daning about in his seat, and making other 'enthusastic'
gestures.

i must say, it looks a bit, for lack of a better word, silly!

computer performance does better with a concentrated or
expressionless face. no guitar solo faces!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.