Re: [microsound] most cutting edge

> microsound is simply an aesthetic. i don't understand
> how you can be skeptical about an aesthetic... you
> like it or you don't or maybe you are indifferent.

as with any genre I am distressed when limitations are forced into the form
by those working within the genre who claim to know whats best for it.

You're right, its not cutting edge.  It is a stodgy form just like 'jazz' or
any other form where a loose consortium of stuffed-shirts dictate the
constraints.

 >if i want to get in a debate about
> microsound versus jazz or microsound versus rock....i
> will go to the wire list or any number of lists where
> opposing musical views can and will debate freely.

ok you do that

> here i think the debates should stay within the topic
> of microsound.

of course you do!