Re: [microsound] eliminating recording noise

From: Álvaro Castro <supermente@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Which is the best way to remove the noise
>from a recording?
>I have Sound forge 4.5  but I don't know
>which option I may use if it allows to do it.
According to noisiness you may need several steps ; however, if you're
not sure about the noise's (main) spectral region I'd recommend
regarding the sound sample in Normal/Sonogram Display in advance
("Tools":*Spectrum Analysis*). As for the following try out both
Graphic/Paragraphic *EQ* ("Process", where you may start with "remove
low frequencies/rumble" etc. in the latter), as well as Graphic
*Dynamics* ("Effects"), e.g., the soft/hard noise gate (you might check
the RMS power/peak levels first, e.g., via "Tools":*Statistics* or
"Process":*Normalize*).
Hope it helps
:ah