Re: [microsound] robert lippok

On a completely banal note, i'd like to recommend Robert Lippok's new CD on
raster-noton.  It's an EP, really - just three tracks, clocking in at 20
minutes total.  What's different about this disc - in a month in which I'm
beginning to tire of somewhat samey click-rhythms - is the interplay between
delicate skip-rhythms and much more melodic content.  Track 2 pairs a sort
of broken-glass shortwave effect with almost maudlin strings of the Arvo
Pärt variety.  It's not an agressive, or a difficult, or a groundbreaking
piece; just really pretty.

I second this, the combination of different sounds and the sampled orchestra is nothing radical, but it's kept simple and done well, quite charming with a sketch-like quality. I've run through it three times today so far, a good soundtrack for working...

Michael = http:www.foundrysite.com/eM