Stephan Mathieu/Frequency Lib./invalidObject Series

Dear David/All,

Re. vinyl in general, and Stephan Mathieu in particular...

<Stol 12"... inhuman sounds get thrown about in every direction makes them
very poetic.>

You should hear Stephan's newer work, in particular Ritornell's excellent
'Wurmloch Variationen'. In fact, there is a fairly comprehensive discography
at our artists' pages:

http://www.fallt.com/artists/mathieu.html

<Side 1 is mostly ambient but never repetitious. Side 2 is
more entertaining, though, with a more percussive edge and an even quirkier
feel.  If anything, this made me _very_ curious about Stephan Mathieu's
subsequent work as Full Swing and under his own name.>

Also try 'Heroin' a collaboration with Ekkehard Ehlers, it's out now/soon on
Staalplaat. Also, forthcoming (and available late last year in .mp3 format)
is his contribution to our invalidObject Series.

||::::....////....----<><><>+++////--------<>

STATUS REPORT: the invalidObject Series CDs returned from the plant while I
was in Sheffield at the excellent LoveBytes festival. Needless to say our
friends at the pressing plant 'corrected' a few of our designs where they
thought our design was 'wrong' (!@#$%!).

In particular Akira Rabelais' CD 'Void' which is entirely blacked out with a
layer of black ink (hence 'Void') was 'rescued' from obliteration by the
helpful designers at the plant; also Richard Chartier's CD which featured
crop/trim/printer's marks as decoration which were needless to say removed
as "they were surely a mistake?"...

The upshot, several of the CDs are being repressed, but as soon as they're
back, will be available. Apologies again for the delays, but it seems
everyone and everything is conspiring against us on this!

||::::....////....----<><><>+++////--------<>

Lastly, re. Stephan Mathieu, you might want to check out his forthcoming CD
'Frequency Lib.' on Fallt (http://www.fallt.com/frequencyLib/) which
includes digital extracts of work by, amongst others: Jimi Hendrix, The
Beatles, Kiss, Fats Waller, Hot Chocolate, Queen, Kraftwerk, The Beegees,
Captain Beefheart, The Beach Boys and Elvis Presley.

Samples are available at:

http://www.fallt.com/mp3s

Take care,

Christopher