RE: [microsound] korg z and prophecy

> i'll venture off subject again, but is it a lack of popularity that
> discontinues these devices so quickly or is it a matter of marketing?

That's Japanese hi tech for you, unfortunately. It seems that Japanese
culture dictates that you buy a piece of tech, play with it a while then
junk it in favour of the next new thing. That, I think, is why so many
Japanese companies obsolete perfectly good hardware for no obvious reason,
and also why they often tend to provide such lousy customer support.

After being used to that kind of thing, dealing with Symbolic Sound is
fantastic - their support for old kit (as well as current kit, of course)
goes well beyond anything I've experienced elsewhere.

Sarah