Fwd: [lowercase-sound] NEW L.Marchetti, Hudak/Lescalleet CDs on Intransitive.

Subject: [lowercase-sound] NEW L.Marchetti, Hudak/Lescalleet CDs on Intransitive.

(please pardon the ad-like nature of this post, but I am sure this will be
of interest to many of you)

New from Intransitive Recordings.
In new jewel-box design by Richard Chartier, numbered editions of 500. Only
$12 each, postpaid in the US.

int014 Lionel Marchetti "Knud Un Nom de Serpent (le cercle des entrailles)" CD

For his first domestic CD, Lionel Marchetti has created an intricate
tape-music exploration of Shamanism and ecstatic states of mind. Spoken
text, ritual music from Asia and Africa, and "citations" (to use his term)
from well-known works of 20th century experimental music are blended
together into a fast-paced collage. In the composer?s words, ?For a while, I
have been very interested in Shamanism. When I began ?Knud??, I had been
reading ?Shamanism and Archaic States of Exctasy?, by Mircea Eliade, in
which I found descriptions of rituals, symbolism of objects such as the
tambour, wings, animals and strange singing. These were not far from a place
of spirit that I have wanted to share. The composition is able to make the
listener live with my mythology, more aware of the world?s potential
forces?.

While Marchetti is known for his two 3"mini-CDs on the Metamkine label and
his excellent split CD with Ralf Wehowsky on Selektion, ?Knud?? is the first
full-length work published under his own name. He is also active in
improvised electro-acoustic music, performing with Jerome Noetinger (their
CD was released by Corpus Hermeticum last year) and Voice Crack (forthcoming
on Grob).

int016 John Hudak + Jason Lescalleet "Figure 2" CD

Following last year?s very limited lathe cut 7?, ?Figure 2? is the second
collaborative work by New York sound artist John Hudak and New England-based
composer Jason Lescalleet. These five pieces are taken from a live duo
performance at the historic Lindsay Chapel of the First Church
Congregational in Cambridge, MA. While a massive blizzard tore through the
city outside, Hudak and Lescalleet created warm, slowly evolving drones in
the dark old church.
Using recycled room sounds recorded and manipulated in real time, empty tape
and sub-bass rumble, the pieces develop patiently with very gradual shifts
in texture. The pieces are presented exactly as the audience heard them,
with no manipulation at all.

In live performance, Jason Lescalleet uses reel-to-reel tape decks to
explore the textures of low fidelity analog sounds and the natural phenomena
of old tape and obsolete technology. He blends layers of ambient tapeloops,
found sound, shades of silence and white noise, all transformed through
cheap microphones and trashed speakers. Lescalleet has performed and
recorded with artists such as Donald Miller, nmperign, and Achim Wollscheid.
He currently works with Ron Lessard as Due Process.

John Hudak's sound work focuses on the minimalism and repetition of sounds
below the usual threshold of hearing, sounds that are filtered out or
considered non-musical. These sounds are recorded, deconstructed and
processed, their rhythms and textures being the basis for aural
manipulations. His sound and installation work has been exhibited at the
Whitney Museum of Modern Art in New York City, and California College of
Arts and Crafts in Oakland, CA. After releasing an uncountable number of
cassettes in the 1980s and 1990s, his CDs have been published by Meme
(Japan) and Alluvial (US).

Howard Stelzer. Intransitive Recordings.
www.intransitiverecordings.com

OUT SOON:
int015 HOWARD STELZER + JASON TALBOT/MICHAEL BULLOCK
  "The Idea of Northeast" LP

OUT LATER:
int017 M.BEHRENS "Elapsed Time" CD
int018 HOWARD STELZER + JASON TALBOT "Songs" CD
fringes/int019 TOSHIYA TSUNODA "Extracts from Field
      Recordings Archive #3: Solid Vibration" CD

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-~> Make good on the promise you made at graduation to keep in touch. Classmates.com has over 14 million registered high school alumni--chances are you'll find your friends! http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/n6EVlB/TM ---------------------------------------------------------------------_->