hecker-cum naturesound

<<This past weekend I visited my mother, and I brought
along with me a Tascam Dap-1 portable DAT recorder,
and a couple of good condenser mics to record the
spring thawing of the snow flowing downhill in the
woods behind our
home. I found a spot which had a few creeks forming,
and I found the water provided a totally natural loop,
not one which was mechanistically
created by a sound editor or sampler, but a naturally
generating structure of it's own (which I think is
what this type of music should strive for). Each
flowing creek in fact was unique and very detailed in
it's acoustical properties, and I collected the sounds
of a bunch of different ones! >>

How pretty can you get? Has anyone else been toying
with this same unique, yet oh so obvious idea? And
how?

The closest I've come is chilling out in my best
friend Chris Brugos. We we're drinking (we're both
alcoholics, but we went sober! Thank you!) and
partying. We started stomping our feet, shifting from
hip-hop to breakbeats, and clapping our hands as well.
Chris got excited and ran off to get his miniDisc and
some $300 dollar condensor mic and left me insane in
the fort. When he returned, we returned to the beats
and when played back, the results were so dope. We
started drumming on empty bottles, which took the idea
even furthur and sounded better than Brinkmann!
(Harhar) One of us kept a constant beat while the
other soloed... and of course we kept it playful.
Thank goodness for Sony!

Love: Christian Jay YM_M4I5S3S_16

Rest in Peace: Joey  Ramone. Our hearts are with you
and your family.....