RE: [microsound] Pole Live@Wire Sessions, ATP Live Sets

> Wire Sessions Live Featureing Pole and Jaki ex drummer
> for Can @ Queen Elizabeth Hall March 28, 2001.

anybody else go to this?

truly dissappointing.

It started off really well with Jaki drumming minimally along
to simply changing structures formed by Mr Friedmann - a very
nice primer for some more engaging electronica.... NO! turns
out to be the highlight of the evening!! Jaki was adorable when
leaving the stage - almost thankful for being on a stage with
people watching - has he been out of the scene for a long time?

Evan Parker and his cohorts then subtended my night of dub fun into
a blasting wall of boring noise, and I do mean 'boring' noise, with
only a struttingly cocky Jah Wobble to keep us all from dozing off,
but he seemed more than happy to strum the same few notes
relentlessly as well AND he told some flute player NOT to play
melodica!!!! DAMN HIM! just what the night needed was a bit of

And then to Pole. Well when someone who can't really play instruments
comes out and tries to play live what can they do?