Re: [microsound] I N S E C T M U S I C

a good thread. any further references to recordings would be much
appreciated - _especially_ high quality, untreated recordings of unusual
insects and groups of same.

i have used these sounds in my recordings, primarily as texture, but have
been thinking for a long time to try to work with their form and rhythmic
structures. not an endeavor i wish to rush.

fave jhno bugs so far:
_understand_, track 5, track 9; _membrane_, track 7
short excerpts (sorry):

http://www.sirius.com/~ear/sound/natoma_x.mp3
http://www.subminimal.com/ear/sound/ovaltune.x.mp3

best emulation of bugs:
the living sound [aka hands off the knobs]

[74 minutes excerpted from perhaps 2.5 hour master tape - made without
touching any control or adjustment for the duration. perhaps my first
subminimal track.]
excerpt of excerpt:  http://subminimal.com/___.html

also
_the evolution of the rotating excretor_
excerpted on _understand_ as the "hidden track"...
really an emulation of lawn sprinklers
but i will clarify its relevance

how smart is your sod
jhno