Re: [microsound] I N S E C T M U S I C

> can some one give me links to artists making music/soundscapes with insect
>
> recordings or synthetic emulations of insect sounds.
>
> rocking to some farmers manual....god they are  woooot

There is always Chris Watson's (hafler trio/caberet voltaire) release on
Touch that is a collection of excellent recordings around the globe that he has
done. There is an excellent piece where he has placed a omni-directional mic
inside the carcas of a dead lion or alike, somewhere in afrika. You hear the
flies and other flying creatures circling inside that arena while from the
outside some birds are screaming for their piece... So brilliantly clear that
you can actually smell the scene.

I love this CD, just play it on your high fidelity gear and sit back while
you experience some of earth's most exiting places through Watson's audiolens.

tata