Re: [microsound]normandeau/koner question

am 20.04.2001 18:57 Uhr schrieb microsound-digest-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx unter
microsound-digest-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> I have a similer question about the Thomas Koner Teimo/Permafrost
> reissue. I had Teimo prior to buying the reissue and had bought the
> reissue for Permafrost. Upon hearing the Teimo disc, I noticed right away
> that it sounded like a different version than the one originally released
> on Barooni. I asked Achim at Mille Plateaux about it and he said that it
> was the same mix/version, but it's obvious that it's not the same. For
> one thing, the timings alone are different and if you A/B the two discs,
> they ARE different sonically. I've kept both versions and like both but I
> prefer the original because certain tonalities resonate more clearly
> through-out the disc. It make me wonder about Permafrost. Anyone know
> anything about this?

i have the barooni cds, not the re-issues, so i can't compare them myself.
but i remember thomas once told me that he remastered both of them for the
re-issue, and that he was very happy with the result in terms of the sonical
quality. i don't recall details, but i think he said it was rather a matter
of utilizing more advanced studio technics to remaster the pieces than
actually doing a new mix.

- dieter