Re: [microsound] montreal

The Casa del Popolo will hold a counter-jazz festival,
"Suoni Per Il Popolo", (by opposition to the very mild
"Montreal International Jazz Festival"), gests include
Derek Bailey, Evan Parker, Susy Ibarra, William Parker, Joe
McPhee, Vendermark 5, Tim Berne, Test. It is held june 15th
to july 22nd. http://www.casadelpopolo.com

At the Victoriaville Festival of Musique Actuelle people
shouldn't miss the EL TRACTOR concert saturday night at
12pm (saturday may 19th, same day features STOCK, HAUSEN
and WALKMAN, POIRE_Z). It is the best fusion of live video
and electronics i've seen, perfect integration.
http://www.fimav.qc.ca

> On the upside it makes for interesting tape..  lots of
> musicians/sound
> artists around town with tape recorders... I'm sure some
> of it will make it
> to disc somewhere...

I was also amazed by the number of audio/visual devices
operated by demonstrators. I myself made several soundwalks
during both the saturday afternoon protest (30 000 peaceful
demonstrators) and the saturday night so called riots ("oh,
no! their tearing down our beautiful fence! what a
shameful, horrible, degenerate crime! poor fence!").

~ a dontigny