Re: [microsound] completely OT yet so on-topic

>> taking their individually for the bigger sake, their own sake. Ever seen
>> the enormous wealth of Ceasuscu? Was that wealth spread over the workers?
>> or was he a secret capitalist?
>>

>He was whats known as a 'state capitalist'.  However, I don't see any
>problem with policy implimentors having a higher standard of living than the
>average citizen.  It should make them less susceptible to bribery.  Maybe if
>our politicians earned as much running the country as they would running a
>corporation, and got bonuses for doing it right, they might not screw up as
>much.  Anyway, you seem to think communism means that everyone earns the
>same wage.  Wrong, communism means the elimination of the use of capital to
>generate wealth.

I agree with Andrei: tell it to the people in those countries and see what
they have to say about this.

>> if democracy is the very same as capitalism, i rather submit to that, then
>> dying unfree in some gulag under a wealthy dictator, who is more equal
>then
>> the rest.
>>

>too bad you think those are the only options.

I live in a democratic country that has elections every 4 years, and were
the politicians are not openly illeterate, sexmaniacs or wornout filmstars,
and were you can choose at 20+ parties. If for four years there is
government I didn't vote for (and yes, I do vote, together with 50-70% of
this countries population), then it's just bad luck. it's a system that
works and most people feel happy by (mainly because it allows them to keep
on complaining). Compared to the US, with their Bushes and Clintons, 24% of
population going to vote on relatively few parties (of which 2 seem to
matter), yes I agree: democracy is indeed an extension of capitalism. Sadly
democracy doesn't function very well in the US, but it does in many other
countries (and more and longer then any communist country)
if you say 'too bad you think those are the only options', then I think too
bad he doesn't mention some alternatives.
I very much agree with David, when he says that there are ideal systems
(communism might be ideal, I agree, if everybody submits to it), but that
they don't always match up with reality.

>>I know
>>nothing of your background, nor do you of mine, so it might not be the
>>wisest thing to continue our black/white, good/bad, communist vs
>>capitalism.
>
>Thats not the discussion I was having, but it does sound like the one you've
>been engaged in, based on your statement:
>
>>Just as I despise fascism, I despise communism,

I was responding to your enthusiasm of communism, and your disinterest in
democracy (because the US is just a bad example?).