Re: [microsound] akira

I had a quick listen to the New Akira Rabelais cd yesterday,,, It is great...I love the sound of it, it sounds as though it is about 45 years old, it is a classic! Very old school, new school!

hehhhehhe, thanks. 45 years old!! hey, I'm only 35... you should have seen place where I recorded the piano source... 'Wave Equation Studios', a friend of a friend here in Hollywood runs it out of his house. 'Bob' is one of those gear-head music lovers who hasn't got a clue about instruments. So I show up at Bobs house and he has something like twenty mic preamps to choose from and one of the nicest private microphone collections I've ever seen... really, really cool gear... we go into the 'piano room' and it's this poor old grand that he had in his garage for years and years where his pitbull used it as a chew toy... it was beautiful, a totally distressed work of art.

a version of a remix i made for akiras dvd version of eisoptrophobia (umm
...) will be released these days as a 7" by bottrop-boy. little sounding
object.
-> http://www.bitsteam.de/releases/mathieu/BB007/index.html
 - stephan

yeah, unfortunately that remix didn't make it onto the dvd because the package never got here!! I don't know why the German border guards keep stopping your packages but it pisses me off... there are only four remixes on the dvd but they came out fabulously

1) Licking the rope burns of the muse (as needed)
- horison and placements by Darrin Verhagen

2) RISM
- saved by Frank Bretschneider

3) Mudai Remix
- performed by Neina (Sakana Hosomi + Masaki Narita)
recorded + mixed at studio Nekojirushigyunyu,Tokyo

4) For Bill
- by Ekkehard Ehlers

the dvd has been delayed a few weeks because the company that transferred the video masters to digibeta introduced noise in the process... the transfers and the encodes to PAL and NTSC had to be done over (a real pain in the ass I can tell you)... but I have my fingers crossed for mid May.

   Akira