new autechre and mouse on mars....

one word its yummy...
picked up the new autechre yesterday evening and its not meft my ears
since...
probaslly the most interesting abstract release of thiers yet...
in fact there is a real lack of rythum in it: broken beats hip hopish
beats
no segnificant pattens that I can see
and pretty melodies backing things up...
its way slower paced then any thing they have done since amber...
between this and the recent mouse on mars release I think Ill be happy for
the rest of the summer music wise (oh and throw in clicks and cuts #2
for good measure)...
both are real departures from the present "norm" of beat oriented
electonic
music as well as from past releases of either artist. It really excited me
to see a few of the artists who have been around releaseing music for a
while to still be pushing boundries...
not to sound like a commercial but if you can afford to buy these two
records get the, they are pretty dam inspireing (to me none the least)
Neil...
aka naw

 --
Neil Wiernik