Re: [microsound] new autechre and mouse on mars....

neil@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> between this and the recent mouse on mars release I think Ill be happy for
> the rest of the summer music wise (oh and throw in clicks and cuts #2
> for good measure)...
> both are real departures from the present "norm" of beat oriented
> electonic
> music as well as from past releases of either artist. It really excited me
> to see a few of the artists who have been around releaseing music for a
> while to still be pushing boundries...

Wait til you hear the new Squarepusher (well, if that's your kind of thing I guess).
It's EXCELLENT (the mp3 on Warp's site is the most pop thing on the album and isn't
very indicative of what the rest of the album is like). He's back to the hyper
sequencing thing, but coming from way more of a musique concrete sort of angle these
days.

Andrei