London: Sprawl's live appetizer, TENNIS + SI-CUT.DB + BENGE

Hi everyone; I know Philippe Petit has already put this up,
but just a reminder for this week...

A May Appetizer from S P R A W L
======
SPRAWL proper is back from May 24th with a new season
of events, acts from Australia, Germany and more local.
In the meantime here is an appetizer gig...SPRAWL	news
to follow soon folks, stay tuned.
======
presenting

A LIVE EVENT

Thursday 10th may
Expanding, Sprawl and Bip-hop bring you a night of music
to celebrate the new Tennis album "Europe on Horseback"
on bip-hop http://www.bip-hop.com (thru' Cargo in the uk).

Live performances by

TENNIS (Bip-hop/ECR/Spa.rk)

support, all live
BENGE (expanding/quatermass/sub rosa)
SI-CUT.DB (bip-hop/fallt/background/spa.rk/sprawl)
BITTONIC (sprawl)
+ dj "Tench as DJ SVEN"

venue: GLOBAL CAFE
address: 15 GOLDEN SQUARE, LONDON W1
tube: Piccadilly   tel: 0207 287 2242
ADMISSION 3 pounds, concs 2 pounds     8pm-11pm
licensed for food, alcohol...

======
LIVE AUDIO AND VISUAL BROADCAST on
http://www.globalcafe.net, 20:00 hours
to 00:00 GMT-ish... RealAudio.
======

WHO the hell are Tennis?
TENNIS is the on-going project of Ben Edwards (Benge) and Doug
Benford (si-cut.db). The album has already been played on
XFM's Flow Motion, Radio One's One World, Radio 3's Mixing It
and other stations across europe and the US, gaining also very
good reviews in Spex, De:bug, Overload etc.....a night of
cutting-edge funky digital glitch and dub sounds is guaranteed.
(btw Pole recently asked them for a track for his ~scape label)
This is the one major London gig before their european tour. Tennis
also have new tracks coming up on fylkingen (sweden), spa.rk (spain)
and expanding (uk).

Ben Edwards, Tennis player, unseeded ball boy.
http://www.expandingrecords.com

Douglas Benford, Tennis player and umpire.
http://home.earthlink.net/~efrans/benford

from OVERLOAD magazine
http://www.overloadmedia.co.uk
TENNIS : europe on horseback [bleep 03]
Tennis, an ongoing London collaboration between Ben Edwards (AKA Benge)
and Sprawl man Douglas Benford (AKA SI-CUT.DB), enters the world of pop
n'glitch dub confidently among the upper ranks. When 'Civic Halo' pipes
in with its cheeky bass, ghostly echoes and slurring bleeps, the obvious
comparisons with Pole, Delay et al rush to mind. No bad thing, but be
assured 'Europe On Horseback' rides its very own trail through the
electro-acoustical hinterland, stopping but briefly at points of
reference along the way. The best tracks seem to be stockpiled at the
end, with the ambient electro dub of 'Port Helix' and the blissful
'Debonair Content' proving that playing tennis without a racket is much
more fun. >RECOMMENDED< FJ

More....
== Tennis dates in france (Paris, Nantes, Marseille)
and spain (Barcelona) tbc, late June. Also London
Kosmische, July (tbc).

== Hear a Tennis interview at http://www.gaialive.co.uk/
Spongeboy&Tench show. Apr7.

== LISTEN & BUY the new TENNIS at
http://www.atrecordings.com/frontsite/LabelArtistAlbum/artist.asp?label=lab_biph
op00&artist=art_tennis00

== "wooden sweets" the debut Tennis album from 2000
is now re-available from: http://www.noisemail.com
& in Austria (Nexus) and Switzerland (Jaxx)

info on Tennis from <ip@xxxxxxxxxxx>

SPRAWL
http://www.dfuse.com/sprawl/
E-MAIL <sprawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>