PROMO: Stilluppsteypa/TV Pow-We Are Everyone In The Room

sorry for the promotional intrusion, and further apologies if you receive
more than one copy of this:

I'm proud to announce the release of the latest CD on my label:

Stilluppsteypa/TV Pow-We Are Everyone In The Room (Erstwhile 016)

Stilluppsteypa and TV Pow are two of the most prominent laptop trios in the
world of experimental music. Originally hailing from Iceland, Stilluppsteypa
was formed in 1992, and the current lineup of Heimir Björgúlfsson, Sigtryggur
Berg Sigmarsson, and Helgi Thorsson has been together since 1995. They've
released work on such prestigious labels as Ritornell, meme, and their own
FIRE.inc. imprint, but We Are Everyone In The Room is their first improv
record. Based in Chicago, TV Pow (Todd Carter, Brent Gutzeit and Michael
Hartman) was founded in 1995, and has performed with such prominent musicians
as Otomo Yoshihide, Erik M, Taku Sugimoto and John Butcher. Gutzeit and
Hartman also run the influential labels BoxMedia and Gentle Giant,
respectively, where most previous TV Pow material has appeared.

In late October 2000, Stilluppsteypa and TV Pow embarked on a week-long tour
of the US. The two groups, while familiar with each other's output, had never
worked together before, but did so for part or all of each of these
performances. We Are Everyone In The Room was compiled from these shows,
including their first collaboration ever at Tonic in NYC. Stilluppsteypa and
TV Pow combine a thorough knowledge and wide range of microscopic sounds with
an uncanny feel for their deployment within an improv context.

The captivating cover art was created by Leif Elggren, a Swedish conceptual
artist and co-founder of the Kingdoms of Elgaland-Vargaland.

"The more established the contemporary genre of noise music becomes, the more
surprising it is to hear serious creative distinctions. TV Pow and
Stilluppsteypa, two long standing outfits in a field known for there-and-gone
participation, have proven to be both dedicated and utterly engaging in their
furthering of this most modern of musics. Informed by all concepts of avant
garde art music, they successfully transcend any manner of description. In
other words this shit full on rocks."--Thurston Moore

personnel:

Stilluppsteypa (Heimir Björgúlfsson, Sigtryggur Berg Sigmarsson, Helgi
Thorsson)- powerbooks and minidisc players
TV Pow (Todd A. Carter, Brent Gutzeit, Michael Hartman)-laptops, CDs, and
electronic instruments

more info available at the following web sites, or contact Erstwhile Records
at ErstRecs@xxxxxxx:

http://www.erstwhilerecords.com
http://www.fire-inc.demon.nl/stilluppsteypa.html
http://www.tvpow.net
http://www.boxmedia.com
http://www.gentlegiantrecords.com

all Erstwhile CDs can be purchased from numerous worldwide distributors, all
of which are listed on my web site. also, all Erstwhile releases can be
purchased via direct mail order, details of which are also on my web site.

future releases from Erstwhile will include:

017: Cor Fuhler/Gert-Jan Prins-The Flirts
018: Keith Rowe/Toshimaru Nakamura
019: Greg Kelley/Jason Lescalleet
021: MIMEO/John Tilbury
022: poire_z +