Re: [microsound] MAX/MSP

> >yes, exactly, free up the brain, channel all mental bandwidth to the ears!!
> >fiddling is a distraction and the sound suffers.  Never tweak anything
> >unless you're trying to fix a problem, otherwise you're only creating a
> >problem.
> I hope you are all joing.  That seems like a very narrow view of pushing
> possibilities and experimenting with sound.  IF you are trying to write
> polished pop music, then I see your point.  But if you are working in the
> field of electronic sound, than this view is a hinderance.

i think this view is tenable metaphorically ("don't try too hard" is
usually good advice) but attractive as it is, the metaphor doesn't
justify the condemnation of "glitch" or any kind of music or method for
making music.

it's obvious that if you never try anything new, you may never have any
problems, but you won't have any surprises either.

~ david