Re: [microsound] Max/MSP

Yeah, but C doesnt really embrace object oriented programming like C++ and
Max, which makes Max closer to C++ or Java than C++ is to C.   C is a lot
more difficult than C++, which may explain why you'd rather compare Max with
C than with C++ or Java.

> I have probably lost my mantle as "worst and most clueless C programmer
> on the planet" to someone more deserving [ignorance takes real time and
> investment, however easy the web has made it to cut and paste received
> opinion]. But I learned Max before I knew much of any C at all, and had
> no problem with it, with the possible point that, one day, I found myself
> wondering out loud how you did something in Max that you did in C
> [loops, for example]. I can think of any number of people who don't write
> in C who've done performances which really moved or astounded me
> using Max/MSP. I think it's a "temperment" thing; it's a tool which makes
> terrific tool for some people, and none at all for others. It works for
me.
> At any rate, you can just download the stuff and all the documents and
> poke at it for 30 days and decide for youself.
>
> NOTE: This also means that, like jhno, I consult for the shadowy
mind-control
> cult. I used their stuff LONG before I started doing that, but better
blatant
> than latent.

'Shadowy mind-control cult' sounds pretty cool.  Too bad C74 doesn't live up
to the mandate and more closely resembles Amway.