trans oo4 tickets now available, more updates

+ artist updates
+ ticket availability
+ rafael toral US tour 2001
+ recent site updates

________________________
+ artist updates
________________________

_ we're thrilled to announce that noriko tujiko (toyko, japan)
will be joining us for trans oo4. she will be performing on
august 11th, at rednofive. further information is available
on-site or from http://www.mego.at/noriko.html

_ sadly, due to tour rescheduling and health-related issues,
respectively, mira calix and vladislav delay _will not_ be
performing at this year's festival.

________________________
+ ticket availability.
________________________

we are very pleased to announce that tickets are
_now available_  on-site, and directly through
http://www.skimo.com.  many thanks to s://kimo
for making it happen!

we are offering an all inclusive week-long pass
which includes seven nights of performances,
film/video screenings, and other festival events.

we strongly encourage (and very much appreciate)
early ticket purchases, as we are only able to offer a
limited number of full-passes and tickets to individual
events due to varying venue capacities.  we have also
been informed that hotel/motel accommodations during
the week of August 6-12th will be  VERY limited
as well due to an international housewares convention.

* so buy your tickets and make reservations early*

tickets for opening evening [august 6th]
(with performances by ben vida and carl stone)
will be available shortly, but  the following tickets are
now currently on sale at ::

[netscape users]           http://www.skimo.com/ie/nr/nrnet.html
[internetexplorer users]   http://www.skimo.com/ie/nr/nrie.html

______________________________________
ALL PRICES _INCLUDE_ PROCESSING/HANDLING FEES
______________________________________

Transmissions oo4 August 6-12, Chicago, IL.
ADVANCE FULL WEEK PASSES : $80

Trans oo4 is offering an all-inclusive Full Festival Week-long Pass which
includes entry to all performances, film/video screenings, installations,
and related events.
______________

AUGUST 8TH: WEDNESDAY: $13.50
Location:: Hothouse, Chicago, Begins 8pm.

Spacious evening featuring performances by:: Helen Mirra [Chicago],
Steve Roden [Los Angeles], Michael Schumacher [New York].

______________

AUGUST 9TH: THURSDAY: $13.50
Location:: Subterranean, Chicago, Begins 9pm.

Live audio and video performances by : Janek Schaefer [London],
Vote Robot [Canada], Randall Jones [Seattle, WA],
+ DJs Kevin Drumm/Pita [Chicago/Austria].

______________

AUGUST 10TH: FRIDAY:  $16.50
Location :: Hothouse, Chicago, Begins 9pm.

Textured microsound performances by: Loren Chasse [San Francisco],
Jason Kahn [Zurich], Richard Chartier [Washington, DC], Hecker
[Austria], Pita [Austria].

______________

AUGUST 11TH: SATURDAY: $28
Location :: RedNo5/5th Floor, Chicago, Begins 9pm.

Lengthy sets and collaborations  :: Sutekh [San Francisco],
Kit Clayton [San Francisco], Tujiko Noriko [Toyko, Japan], Dettinger
[Germany], Monolake [Germany].

______________

**please note: the events listed above are those
for which we are currently offering tickets; this is not a
comprehensive documentation of festival events.  please
refer to the schedule for a complete detailing of all related
festival programs**

________________________
+ rafael toral us tour 2001
________________________

as part of this year's festival pre-series,
rafael toral will be performing at

trans oo3.7 : :
tonic : 107 norfolk street, new york, ny
midnight show
.. rafael toral :: w/ special guests
homepage.mac.com/helderluis/rt/

trans oo3.7b : :
6odum : 2116  w chicago ave.  chicago, il
10pm
.. rafael toral ::
homepage.mac.com/helderluis/rt/

..ian nagoski ::
www.redroom.org/individuals/nagoski/

..ian epps ::
www.deadceo.com

________________________
+ recent site updates
________________________

-we're in the process of adding
individual artist bio pages with
photos, site links, and real audio files.
you can access these through the
performers page in the trans oo4 section.

-we've also added realvideo of the following artists from transoo3:
+ john fahey
+ alan licht
+ hrvatski
+ pita
+ marcus schmickler

-
current festival-related articles from the Wire and the Chicago
Tribune have been added to the site.

thank you for the support, and please let us know if you
have any questions.

fourth annual transmissions festival
http://transmit.org  |  info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
po box 257213 chicago il 60625  u s a