Re: [microsound] Oval for poor people...

Dear All,

Further to the Oval thread and the rather doubtful suggestion that "maybe
Oval might give grant money to low income composers" to which I'd add "and
low income label owners".

Poor people like might to check out the following:

http://meso.net/oschatz/oval/unsupported.html

Quote: "lots of REALLY OLD material remastered from REALLY OLD tapes...
available as free mp3 downloads."

as well as.... the following text in an interview from the same page... info that many people dont seem to know..

6. Why did you leave Oval?

Strictly speaking, neither Sebastian nor I actually "left" oval. In the summer of 95, it became clear that Markus had very different goals for oval
than I did. Increasingly, he wanted to professionalize oval.
For him, it was no longer so much about the music, and the fun that went along with it, than it was about strategical condsiderations and marketing.
I wrote a letter to Markus regarding this, which he has not answered to this day.
With Sebastion, the situation was similar. He saw on the television that he was no longer an oval member. In a piece on the Japanese tour of
mouse on mars/microstoria/oval that was broadcast by the German music television station VIVA, there was a subtitle in a video clip of one of the
oval pieces, which read: "This video was generated on the computer by Markus Popp and ex-oval member Sebastian Oschatz." It's pretty likely
that Markus was responsible for this subtitle. And Sebastian also no longer has any kind of contact with Markus.