Re: [microsound] CPU: audiomulch vs. buzz

>Is Buzz easier (less taxing) on the CPU than Audiomulch?  And does it >work with controllers like Phatboy et al.?

Due to it's modular design, you only use as much power as you need.  It could easily overload a 1ghz machine if you wanted to, but runs simple setups on a 200mhz computer without problems.  Midi controllers can be assigned to control machines inside buzz, so a Phatboy is no problem.  However, don't bother with buzz Midisync.  It has serious problems with timing and latency.  Midi out doesn't seem so bad, but then you have to toss your sequencer.  I use buzz to make loops and sounds.

Rob