Re: [microsound] analog|digital or digilog?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Joshua Maremont wrote:

> At 03:00 PM 6/28/01 -0700, cramakrishnan@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >Mitchell, Parker, Palestine, and Feldman all have examples of
> >microsound made with unamplified acoustic instruments; as do Radu
> >Malfatti and Burkhard Stangl.
>
> Well, I know Feldman's work rather well (and I am happy to read of him
> here), but the rest of these are known to me as names only, and Malfatti's
> name is new to me.  Perhaps there might be some suggested listenings for
> the more proto-microsonic of these musician's recordings?  Along these
> lines I recall finding that Elaine Radigue's lovely "Biogenesis" 3"CD on
> Metamkine resembled some of the quieter music on Sakho, although hers was
> recorded a decade or two before the latter label's first release.

I'd say the recording of Christian Wolff's "Stones" on Edition
Wandelweiser is great acoustic microsound. Whatever it is it's pretty
highly recommended regardless.
http://www.timescraper.de/ewre9604.html

There's also a Malfatti disc on this label, but I have to say I didn't get
into it that much. Imo, Helmut Lachenmann does that kind of thing more
engagingly.
http://www.timescraper.de/ewre9801.html

Andrei