Re: [microsound] london saturday the 14th.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Joel Stern wrote:
> someone asked about events in london this weekend.
> there's going to be a free supercollider workshop with some interesting
> presentations and performances (slub and others) happening during the day on
> saturday about 4pm. good opportunity to meet some people and discuss this
> kind of practise. (if that's what you're looking for)

hey joel

the others are lapdance and vendor refill.  lapdance does some really cool
stuff with algorithmic breakbeat and strange polyrhythms.  i haven't heard
vendor refill's stuff first hand but i think top notch microsound from the
Pure Data (the software environment) school.

we (slub) will be working with some programmatic compositional software
and live beat rigging tools that we only just wrote.  something new, we
hope.

i think the idea is for the performances to kick off at about 8pm by the
way, but i'm looking forward to seeing what these strange supercollider
folks have to say for themselves ;)

i think it was someone called yannick who asked btw.  come over and say
hi!

alex

--
"If a fiasco made a sound I think it would be onomatopoeic."