Re: [microsound] why electronics?

On 23/07/01 14:20, Joshua Maremont said in living color:

> Alas it seems Grisey and fellow spectral composer Tristan Murail have had
> their music lapse into out of print obscurity.  Can anything still be found
> by these two, or by any other spectralists aside from Radulescu?

It is indeed *very* hard to find CD's by Murail, Grisey et cie. They are
mainly on Accord which is currently very poorly distributed here in the
American continent (if at all...).

I think Accord has been gobbled by Universal... I don't know if this will
help matters in this regard...

The new Romanian school is an interesting one to investigate. Besides
Radulescu, there is Dumitrescu, Ana-Maria Avram, etc. With releases on their
own Edition Modern label. There are some incredible gems there... And
some... hmm... far less glowing material. I think my preferences would go
toward the first few in the series (ED MN 1001-1003).

g.

--
Guillaume Grenier - gollum@xxxxxxxxxxxx

in space there is no north  in space there is no south
in space there is no east   in space there is no west