Re: [microsound] esplendor geometrico

>Hi readers.(sorry but my english...)
>
>For anyone interested in  Esplendor Geometrico and glich.
>I have the masters anologe tapes of Mekano-turbo (1988). Andres Norbe,
>(director of Geometrik records), gave me the 2¨tapes for trying  to restore
>in the studio, but it´is imposible to do it  because the tapes are
>compleatly damaged.

Are the tapes sticking? This is a very common problem with Ampex tape from
the 80s. I have had some success baking the tapes.  The way I did this
involved taking the tape off the metal reel (this is important, otherwise
you risk melting the tape) and laying it under a couple of film lights for
2 to 4 hours (approx 50 degrees C). Just make sure the tapes don't get too
hot. The tapes will play after this but they become more brittle. So you
should really try and copy them the first time they are played.

I too have alot of respect for Esplendor Geometrico and would hate to see
any of their stuff lost.

good luck.

Ian Andrews:  The Horse He's Sick, Disco Stu, Hypnoblob, Kurt Volentine,
Cut with the Kitchen Knife, Sanity Clause, Battleship Potato, Operation
Bodyshirt, Zeroville, Target Audience, NBP, Organarchy,
Subvertigo.....Lymph, Borgia Ginz...
PO box A387 Sydney South NSW 1235 Australia
http://www.ebom.org/iana/