Re: [microsound] iBook audio problem

on 8/9/01 3:42 PM, chris degiere at degiere@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> i have this weird problem where if i have an audio cable plugged
> into the line out of the new ibook.. and either it sleeps or
> maybe this 30 second lull causes it. but Max/MSP (haven't seen this
> on other apps yet) will not play sound until i pull out the plug
> and put it back in. strange..
>
> chris

I don't own one but I've noticed a similar behaviour on a friends iBook.
The solution that worked for us was to plug into the audio-out BEFORE you
boot the machine.  Pluging/unplugging while the system is running seems
doing something to audio...  Also we've set sleep and spin-down to 'never'
and set 'better performance' rather than 'battery saving' (whatever those
setting are - I can't recall now).  Have not tried running audio in OS X
yet....

../MiS