Re: [microsound] somewhat new music

> Just to cont. the thread on new(sorta new) music,
>
> I can say that the recent Jan Jelinek "loop-finding-jazz-records" is
> excellent. It falls under the dub influenced minimal house style, I know its
> a bit-off topic but this cd has been in constant rotation in my studio for
> some time. I highly recommend this release if you at all like stuff on
> pole's ~scape, get this one.
>
> -scott

yes I second the recommendation, jan jelinek is very talented
he is actually working on a remix of Tennis so we are happy
philippe

TENNIS : europe on horseback [bleep 03]
TENNIS is Benge (real name Ben Edwards) and Si-{cut}.db (real name Douglas
Benford), two renown solo sonic artists in their own rights. Tennis is part of
an on-going London based collaboration exploring digital and electro-acoustic
sounds and rhythms combined with 21st century audio software. "Wooden Sweets"
was the first Tennis release on the Cologne label ElectroChemicalResearch.
The second album is entitled "Europe on Horseback", and, as its title suggests,
is a relaxed voyage. The rhythms slowly draw you into a cushioned saddle and an
electronic trot then begins, taking us through fields of bubble bass, valleys
of sonic glitches, and mountains blooming with digitalia. Not quite as minimal
as Pole but just as deep. They never break into a gallop, conserving energy
rather than letting it run wild. This record is a form of deconstructed dub /
house which avoids 4/4 time at every corner creating a relaxed, challenging and
accessible electronica lined with interesting bass lines. A great full-length
from bip-hop stables.
REVIEW WRITTEN BY Black Sifichi - www.novaplanet.com