Re: [microsound] somewhat new music

At 03:08 PM 8/16/01 +0000, scott allison wrote:
I can say that the recent Jan Jelinek "loop-finding-jazz-records" is excellent. It falls under the dub influenced minimal house style, I know its a bit-off topic but this cd has been in constant rotation in my studio for some time. I highly recommend this release if you at all like stuff on pole's ~scape, get this one.

A lovely one. Another album to be recommended in this vein is by Fumble on Karaoke Kalk. This is digital dub not far from the ~scape aesthetic by the musician behind Senking and Kandis (and once of Genf and Visor) - although perhaps slightly weirder than Jelinek or Pole - and I find myself returning to it quite often. Like everything on Karaoke Kalk, it has taken a bit of time to sink into the listening consciousness but once there has lingered satisfyingly.

np - David Kristian / Downpour (split on Dropbeat)

Joshua Maremont / Thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boxman Studies Label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/