ekkehard ehlers

> autopoieses' _la vie =E0==20noir_
> solo album _betrieb_ (mille=20
> auch's _kiss tomorrow=20

auch was terminated with "remix tomorrow goodbye" which is a great album
featuring remixes by sutekh, farben, dat politics, goem, villalobos,
donnacha costello, full swing and some others. "betrieb" meanwhile became
auchs funky/soulful follow-up model with an ep on klang elektronik and an
full length to follow soon. another project of ekki (and albrecht kunze) is
"maerz", fluffy popmusic that makes little boys and girls smile. like a
meeting of to rococo rot and nobukazu takemura in teletubby land. there'll
also be an maerz album soon on karaoke kalk.
ekkehard ehlers plays ... is a 7 and 12inch series on bottrop-boy and
staubgold
- plays robert johnson, a 7inch on bboy comes with a somehow carl-
stallingish stomper on one and a fine processed guitar piece on another
side (the best keith rowe track he never played)

- plays albert ayler is a 12inch thats been just released on staubgold.
ehlers wrote some sketches for a solo cello player and conducted them live
in a studio. afterwards he constructed a digital string quartet from that
source material. two fantastic tracks, i'd like to live in a world where
"contemporary music" is like that.
other parts in this series will be ... plays john cassavetes, hubert fichte
and cornelius cardew, 2x7inch/3x12inch + cd. it is going to be a beautiful
set.

> Will seek out the Betrieb release, intriguing, and I guess
> the invalidObject disc draws on that same material.

thats right. look for the vinyl version, it comes with remixes by frank
bretschneider, christian fennesz, akira rabelais, steward walker, neina and
myself.
btw, i'd say ekkis invalidObject contribution is outstanding. the other iO
favourite of mine is junior varsity who is new to me. has anybody more
infos re. jv? do i sound biased? its not like that

regards from here
 - stephan

   stephan mathieu
   www.bitsteam.de