RE: [microsound] foreign canadian

look at you all you sound like a bunch of fucking anthropologists!!
Let us Candians speak for our selves, we definately do not need you
americans analysising our culture!!!!!
neil...
(not a large fan of american culture for the most part)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Philip Sherburne wrote:

>My senior year of college (in New York state), I took a Canadian literature
>class, with much discussion of Canadian "identity" in arts & culture. My
>professor told a story: apparently the Canadian board of tourism, or some
>such organization, held a contest to come up with a phrase that would work
>as the equivalent of "As American as apple pie."  "As Canadian as..." maple
>leaves? Mounties? Public healthcare? I don't recall what the winning entry
>was, but apparently much attention was given to one of the runners up:
>
>"As Canadian as possible, under the circumstances."

============================
Neil Wiernik
neil@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.web.net/~neilw