Re: [microsound] field recording

>I agree completely with Mr. Dufort, shotguns would be a fine choice for
>this type of work, especially if you want to record _specific_ animals, or
>clusters of them.

that's the idea!

>If, however, you wanted a more panoramic soundscape of an entire area,
>omnidirectional mics would begin to make sense.

not for this project, but thanks for the info

>Depending on how much $$$ you have, there are plenty of good options.
>Earthworks makes some pretty nice mics, very sensitive in the upper
>frequency ranges.
>
>Some Neumann 184s might also be a good bet.
>
>Of course, if you have $25,000 lying around in some trust fund, you could
>always buy a pair of Schoeps Omnis, or some Bruel and Kjars.
>*sigh*....someday...:=)

as you say, some day... this particular project is dependant on various
grants and will require me to travel to a remote part of the planet, this
is i need to do specific research.

i certainly appreciate the quick return and links proposed!

best

i8u