Re: [microsound] where to buy scores?

David,

they are or were available, at least back when I was working in the
field (a bookstore).

No doubt not much of this type of music was/is around for public sale.
Except for historic collections (check universities like Yale, Berklee,
Oxford etc.),  it would be best to contact special orchestras and
academic or museum sources.  Actually, much of the Princeton box set
(avante garde string quartet), some Varese and even some alternative
scoring method pieces came through a bookstore I worked in DC in the
80's.

I'll check with my old book friends over the next few days, there might
be a particularly great bookseller or source they can tell me about.
also I'll call the Lib. of congress, since it is local.

I think it would be easy to get the bigger names like Schoenberg but
that is not what you are looking for.  Here in DC we have several music
places that specialize in sheet music and the person in charge is good
at finding unusual works.  You might try this where you are?

The area of alternative notation and graphic display of arrangement
method interests me greatly, although I now have pretty poor vision.

Another friend who actually majored in this field (alt. notation) in
college (1972-77) might provide me with some of his original research.
He stopped in the 70's, but I still wish I could pursue this - very
crucial to electronic musics and modern musical thought.  If you see
anything on this please pass it on!

Hope to be able to get back to you, and good luck,

Tim