Re: [microsound] severed heads and you :) (forwarded message)

Kenric McDowell wrote:

> > | It seems to me that, glitch in itself is stillborn. The little clicks and
> > |
> > | surface noise are the tartan bondage pants of the punk era, or the pink
> > |
> > | leg warmers of the 80's - simply a signpost of the current era.
>
> I thought that was the point? Impossibility of making art in simulation
> society. Reaction to technological excess. Evading personal accountability.
> An inevitable result of the tools and the times.

Man is attempting to invent the optic nerve so he can see again, and the
inevitable step will be to reinvent the creative process to free his
imagination. This while human cloning begins.

I can think of many ways to look at this, but Henry Miller springs as a spring
to mind,

"Imagination is the voice of daring."

Daring to anonymous? I don't think so.

And on this daring review, I think that reviews should either be horrible or
gushing, the rest are for newspapers and might be Roger Ebert. And if you get
either reviled or deified, you're all right.

Sound like equivocation but it's not.

Also I kind of liked this review - short, surface, instant, and chatty as it was
because,

there really is a difference between me and someone who might say "good on the
80;s" (no offense, really, many of my best friends are from the 80's.....) maybe
it is just a perception of an old person (too old) that you have seen everything
before so very very much that it takes a lot of tenderness  -  to remember how
excited you were by mankind and his artistic musings  - when you were about 30
years younger.....happens to everryone sooner or later

tools change,

not that you don't listen anymore to the sound you always liked but there is a
24-7 hour barrage of it

<sigh> I will type the symbol now
There is a lovely parking lot nearby

tim