anthony braxton

hey all.

newbie to the list. but figured you might get a kick out of this
review if you dig anthony braxton. have a good weekend!

"BRAXTON, ANTHONY W/ ALEX HORWITZ Four Compositions (Duets) 2000 (CIMP) cd
16.98
Imagine Neil Hamburger backed up by a drunk Albert Ayler. Imagine the worst
comedian you've ever seen competing for your attention with an avant jazz
musician in the same room. Imagine a 10 minute comedy sketch based on the
assumption that DVD stands for digital -versatile- disc ("I mean, I imagine
the DVD wearing a dress and singing a song or painting a picture" or
something like that) all to the strains of atonal horns.
    I mean, we're well aware that there's a healthy chunk of Aquarius
customers that scan our lists specifically for things we describe as
'fucked' or 'ridiculous' or 'bizarre' or even just 'stupid'. Well, you're in
for it now. You have been warned.
    Anthony Braxton, much revered performer/composer/improviser, in yet
another incomprehensible collaborative epiphany, has finally teamed up
with...a stand up comedian.
It's true. And of course, it wouldn't be true improvisation if the comedian
weren't improvising as well, so what we're left with, is a series of skronks
and squeals, and a series of witty (read: fucking stupid) riffs on newspaper
headlines that are NOT FUNNY. REALLY NOT FUNNY.
    I don't mean Neil Hamburger not funny, I mean plain old bad not
funny...unbearably painful. So painful in fact that our own Andee qualifies
this as a must own!!"