back in the day

<taylor>
.... groundbreaking stuff in the early 80's..
.... still doesn't mean "come visit the big bigot" isn't one of the best electronic records of all time, though!
</taylor>

all this talk of the 80's music and back in the day great records talk, especially your comments about big bigot taylor, prompted me to pose the following question to myself...

what's do you think is(are) the best and/or most influential album(s) and/or bands from the 80's - personally and/or musically(genre wise)?

kind of a long winded convoluted question, but one that might be interesting...

for me it would have to be a few artists and albums.

meat beat manifesto - 99%
for it's raw cold urban funky angst.

skinny puppy - cleanse fold and manipulate
noise & samplers! their sound collages were (and are) some of the creepiest and best around.

art of noise - in no sense nonsense
what can you say, i think these guys were brilliant.

noise and samplers - they are still amusing me to this day.

unfortunately most of these folks aren't doing to much ground breaking stuff these days...

anyone care to chime in?

rj

-- rj valeo rj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://io-records.com