Re: [microsound] Stockhausen (was: Severed Heads)

Hymnen is indeed a classic....way ahead of it's time...People should look into hearing Roland Kayn - "Simultan", actually everything by Roland Kayn..The Barooni 4cd box is a micro-wet dream.

Praveer

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Guillaume Grenier
  To: microsound
  Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 8:29 PM
  Subject: Re: [microsound] Stockhausen (was: Severed Heads)

  On 27/08/01 13:54, G.G Karman said in living color:

  > I think he played several known tape compostions made at different stages
  > in stockhausen's career. I vaguely remember two pieces, one made up with
  > fragments of national anthems, the other something of the... jung (the song
  > of the young?), etc...

  The first would be Hymnen.

  The second would be Gesang der Jünglinge. Don't worry about not liking it;
  it's just a piece that's widely regarded as one of the first electroacoustic
  masterpieces. ;)

  g.

  --
  Guillaume Grenier - gollum@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  in space there is no north  in space there is no south
  in space there is no east   in space there is no west