Re: [microsound] Re: "sjb" microsound Digest 12 Sep 2001 18:22:59 -0000 Issue 407

> 'feeling better' is not an issue for me.

good for you, spock.  but it is an issue for some people on the list.  your
first message was flippant and insulting to those for whom this is a major
emotional event.  would you walk up to the mother whose son was just hit by
a truck and tell her - rudely, and with smug assurance - that she should
have taught him to look both ways before crossing?

while I may agree with your "ideas", I think you ought to respect people's
right to be traumatized by a catastrophe of this scale, regardless of the
cause.

bbn

http://www.saoul.com